The St. Ignatius Martyr Stewardship Committee was established in September 2003 and consists of the Pastor and 10 to 12 parishioners appointed by the pastor.
Those who accept the appointment must commit to serving a minimum 3-year term, after having completed the required discernment process.
The Stewardship Committee meets on the 2nd Tuesday
of each month from 6:30 to 8:30pm.
The specific responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
- Provide leadership to support the efforts of the parish community in living out their commitment to stewardship as a way of life.
- Coordinate the use of events and publications to help give visibility to the many ministries of the parish.
- Encourage parishioners to generously offer their time and talent in serving in the various ministries.
- Promote the ministries of the parish.
- Support the development of the leadership of the ministries.
- Recognize the contribution of the ministries and their membership who consistently give of their time and talent.
- Aid in the development of an empowered, life-giving Catholic Community that is Christ-centered and enthusiastically lives out the Gospel through faith, love and action.
- Continue the education process of stewardship by seeking opportunities to present the stewardship message in any and all facets of the parish.
There are three convictions stated in the Bishop’s Pastoral letter
that form the basis of Stewardship and the work of this committee:
- Mature disciples who make a conscious, firm decision, carried out in action, to be followers of Jesus Christ no matter the cost to them.
- Beginning conversion, change of mind and heart, this commitment is expressed not in a single action, but in an entire way of life. It means committing one’s very self and life to the Lord.
- Disciples who practice stewardship as a way of life recognize God as the origin of life, the giver of freedom, the source of all they have and are and of all that will be. They know themselves to be recipients and care takers of God’s many gifts. They are grateful for what they have received and eager to cultivate their gift out of love for God and for one another.
How Do I Join?:
Members are appointed by the Pastor after a discernment process. If you feel called to serve this Committee, please contact the pastor at your convenience.